Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Bang Bang Club Movie Showed the Reality of Photojournalism




 

Kevin Carter

Today I want to share my experience watch this movie. through this movie you will see how all photojournalist work and also their working environment. This is a drama from based on the true-life and the experiences of four combat photographers that capturing the final days of apartheid in South Africa.

Photojournalism is not a simple thing to make it because all photojournalist will put their effort and life in dangerous situation to captured the moment and to delivered their story to eyes reader.

This movie tell a lot of story and the best thing about this movie is about " based on true story ", no wonder this movie will attract those who love in photography or photojournalism.

Actually  I love to see how the Kevin Carter doing their work, he is my inspiration in photojournalism course. Even I'm not in war photojournalism but I love his work and also not forget all the photographer in this film.

The stars of The Bang-Bang Club members for this film was :
  •     Ryan Phillippe as Greg Marinovich
  •     Malin Åkerman as Robin Comley
  •     Taylor Kitsch as Kevin Carter
  •     Frank Rautenbach as Ken Oosterbroek
  •     Neels Van Jaarsveld as João Silva
The story is  about lives of four photojournalists active within the townships of South Africa during the Apartheid period, particularly between 1990 and 1994, from when Nelson Mandela was released from prison to the 1994 elections.

This is must watch movie for all photographer and photojournalist, I recommend this movie because you will learn and see the truth thing about journalism.

I have a done a few research about photojournalism and how the reality. I will show to you guys for my next entry. Stay tune.

Thank for spend your time read my short article, I appreciate you guys. Peace no war :)
 

1 comment: